Last edited, 29 April 2020.
eMaxHealth, a Canadian health science website has done some tests on 49 popular cosmetic products and found that cadmium is found in Eyeliner and concealers; nickel is found in powders and blushers; beryllium in eye-shadow arsenic in eye-shawdor, mascaras and foundations!
Beryllium, nickel, selenium and thallium are actually banned for use in cosmetics in Canada.
Out of 9 lipstick brands tested, 5 that have the most lead content are sold by the world’s largest cosmetic maker!
Such heavy metals findings are also supported by Researchers at the University of California on some of 32 different lipsticks and lip glosses. Lead, cadmium, aluminium were found and findings were published in the Journal Environment Health Perspectives.
Heavy metals are not labelled on the packaging. Creams or gel applied topically on the skin will be absorbed and such toxins which may cause headaches, dermatitis, hormone disruption, nervous disorders etc.
What is Nutritional Immunology’s pointers on skincare/cosmetics?
- 100% natural skincare/cosmetic products do not exist.
- There is currently no natural and organic cosmetic certification that is internationally recognized. They may be certified as natural or organic by private organization and different organizations have different standards and certification systems. The standard and systems are not regulated by any government health authorities.
- Skincare/cosmetic products contain water and nutrients that microbes need to grow and thrive. Preservatives are needed in low levels to help these products remain safe. The harm caused by dangerous microbes far outweighs any risk posed by adding preservatives. And there are no known natural preservatives that are effective.
- Parabens are derived from benzoic acid which occurs naturally in many plants and animals. Blueberries, grape seeds and tea leaves all contain high concentrations of benzoic acid that helps defend these plants against various micro-organism. When used in acceptable amount, parabens are safe. To-date, there is no scientific research that has conclusively established a direct link between parabens and cancer.
- Collagen or hyaluronic acid has molecules that are too big to be absorbed by skin. Nano-sized particles of collagen are ineffective as the structure of collagen is already different from original collagen structure. The only way to have youthful skin is to increase the intake of antioxidant-rich plant foods such as ginseng berry, cactus fruit, cactus, rose, seaweed, blueberries to strengthen the body’s natural production of collagen.
312 total views, 1 views today